Tuesday, September 11, 2012

JUST A QUICK UPDATE

Flowers from another group member.
Since I posted an update yesterday, I won't make this one too long. 

Today was the last group weigh in meeting of this pilot program.  I still have a weigh in next week with my health coach, and then we won't be officially meeting again until October 9th.   I'll admit I'm a little nervous, but our Health Coach said I can continue to come down on Tuesdays to weigh in.  So I definitely plan on doing that. 

Today was a mixed bag of emotions for all of us.   The negative folks continued to be negative about the program.  Strangely enough, they're the ones who also didn't shed any pounds, and continued to blame their lack of success on other outside factors.   Like going to weddings, birthday and other summer parties.  As my little angel and I listened, I realized something about myself was different this time.   I used to be one of those who let my little devil blame my bad weeks on events like that being a part of life.   But I've had many parties and holiday get togethers since July 3, and I still continued to lose weight.   This realization once again is making me feel confident that all of this has finally clicked in my brain, and I will finally make this a permanent healthy life-style change once and for all.

Later in the group, our health coach asked us to go around and state what our successes were for the week.   She made me start, which I usual hate.  I let everyone know that I shed a whole 1 pound this week.  So officially only 0.6 lbs away from my target for this program!     My group cheered me.   One even went on to tell me that she thought I was crazy in the beginning for making that my goal, and thought it was very unrealistic.  She thought it was also irresponsible for our health clinic to allow me to even make that goal.  But now, she can see that it was not only realistic, but possible.  So she thanked me for showing her it could be done.   My little angel reminded me to thank her for her kind words, and not make excuses for my hard work.

Next, another woman in our group passed out flowers to each of us.  She said that regardless of where each of us were in our goals, she was so proud of all of us for not giving up.  And hopes each of us agree to sign up with the maintenance program, because she hopes to continue on this journey with each of us. 

When the meeting was over, one other woman came up to me.  She was normally very quiet so when she shared the following with me, I was beyond touched and even had a few tears form in my eyes.   She told me that I was her hero.  She didn't have a lot of support at home from her husband, and almost gave up.  But my positive energy and ability to constantly lose weight every week kept her going.  She wanted to thank me and tell me that she felt so blessed that I was a part of her group.   Her words were so sincere and heartfelt, that as I wiped away the tears now forming, all I could do was give her a hug, and say "Thank You".   


No comments:

Post a Comment